Award for Designated Premises Supervisors (ADPS)
This course is designed for those in a management role and who want more knowledge on supervising staff and the procedures required when running licensed premises. The course should be considered by anyone who has a personal licence and is seeking to improve their promotion prospects or upgrade their skills and have their skills formally recognised.
The course covers the following:
- Responsibility of the DPS to carry out a risk a risk assessment in respect of the licensing objectives
- Measures that promote the four licensing objectives
- Guidance issued under the Licensing Act 2003
- Health and safety responsibilities of the DPS
- Food safety responsibilities of the DPS
- Weights and measures and consumer protection
- Tobacco, smoking, solvents, videos and smuggled alcohol and tobacco
- Young persons
- Consumption on or near the premises
- Entertainments that are not ‘licensable activities’
- Equal opportunities
- Dealing with problems
The course lasts for one day and ends with a 40-minute multiple choice exam.
The fee for the DPS course is £135 + vat.