Award in Responsible Alcohol Retailing (ARAR)
This qualification is ideal for providing the basic knowledge for front line employees in the licensed trade. It is an introductory level course providing training on the fundamental principles of the Licensing Act 2003. It provides premises licence holders increased protection should staff make a mistake such as selling alcohol to a person who is underage.
This course covers the following:
- The nature of alcohol and the effect that it has on the human body.
- The main issues in the 2003 Licensing Act
- Licensing law in relation to the protection of children from harm.
- The social responsibilities relating to the retail sale of alcohol.
- How to recognise drunkenness, and your duty not to serve drunk customers.
- Appropriate strategies that can be adopted to prevent or eliminate alcohol-related crime and conflict and the importance of personal safety.
The course lasts for 4 hours and ends with a 25-minute multiple choice exam.
The fee for the ARAR course is £60 + vat.
Please note that a minimum number of candidates may be required to run this course.